Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ten on Wed.

1. I am currently listening to the Glee music. I am ashamed to admit that its actually a pretty good show. I love the music the most. Holla' at Benson for letting me borrow it.
2. It is so ridiculously cold here. -10 to be exact. It snowed yesterday but only a few inches, or maybe even less than that in some spots. My favorite is when I have to scrape all the ice off my windows for 10 minutes in the dark at 6:30 in the morning and my pants and shoes get all wet. That's just the bee's knees.
3. It's nice to have Kara back in town from the Asia, and we are going out to dinner or somesing this weekend, so that's something to look forward too.
4. I have started watching season one of Psych because its on Netflix instant play and it is a great show. I really like watching shows on Netflix. I think because there is no commercials, and I can watch them all in row. Love the Roku.
5. I wrote this on facebook last week, but I really did trip up my stairs and fall almost on my face. I caught myself on both hands and my slippers almost went all the way through the slats in the stairs. Luckily, no one was around to mock my pain.
6. I love fast food. I've been trying to make better food choices, and I really hate it. I wish that french fries and burritos and jr. bacon cheeseburgers were healthy choices. Why does healthy diet food taste like cardboard and horse oats? Give me bacon and give me a heart attack.
7. I put together a bookshelf with lots of pieces all by my big self last week. It looks pretty good too. I listened to Steve Harvey stand up while I did it, and also watched America's Funniest Home Videos, and spent the night laughing out loud by myself and had a jolly old time. I will always love AFV, I love funny videos and feel no shame laughing by myself.
8. I am noticing that most of my thoughts here revolve around food and television. Whatevs, the heart blogs what it loves.
9. I know I've read this verse a million times, but I read it last week and it really stuck out to me this time.  "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7) So simple. I think it carries more weight what you are experiencing in life may be stressful or cause you to feel anxious. It means something in those moments to know that the Creator of the whole universe and the Author of all life cares, and is able to fill us with his peace and give us rest when we need it.
10. Time to eat and watch TV! jaja. Seriously though, it is.

4 comments:

  1. 1. I was listening to Glee music last night, too! I even watched the youtube videos from when Gwenyth Paltrow was on and wished I was dancing around like her. We should have a Glee marathon someday.
    3. I feel so honored to have made your post. I'm excited for Mexican, even if it's Springfield Mexican.
    9. That's one of my favorite verses of all times because I am prone to stress. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Glee also.

    Props for bookshelf building.

    What's a Roku?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's this great little thing that lets you stream stuff from the internet to your tv. So like what you can do on your playstation, you can do with this... netflix, hulu, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha horse oats. it's pretty much true though. i hate dieting too but it must be done. these handles are out of control.

    ReplyDelete